Software Support Engineer (Java/Groovy)
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for someone to undertake the role of technical support engineer for Adaptavist's product team.
A group of our products are more accurately described as a platform to allow customers to write their own functionality using the Groovy scripting language, so a basic understanding of Java or Groovy, (or writing code in general) is essential to this role.
You will be responsible for guiding our customers through complex scripting workflows, enabling our customers to evaluate our products and quickly understand and desire them and also understand how it will help their business.
What is the team like?
We have regular socials, hackathons, and a bunch of other benefits like bonus scheme, pension, cycle to work scheme and a top spec machine to work with.
The team is at the forefront of development, often pushing the boundaries of what is possible and experimenting with techniques and technologies.
We value autonomy, mastery, practice, doing the right thing, paying down technical debt.
We are growing the Support team to keep up with the rapid pace of Adaptavist customers, (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal and supporting that in all ways possible.
Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun (cocktail, anyone?) and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we’re pretty sure you’ll be excited about coming to Adaptavist every day to do this job and to work on our team.
- Experience in writing code
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood in text and pictures
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science (or equivalent) experience,
- Previous experience as a Groovy (or Java) coder
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) processes and Atlassian tools
- Located in the London greater area to be able to meet with the product team regularly
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Healthcare plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Company Pension Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Hours and Working from Home
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, snacks, drinks and more
- Top spec machine