Learning and Development at Adaptavist writes training to help people learn about Atlassian products and how to work better together. As a Technical Writer, you’ll contribute to Adaptavist's software product documentation and training delivered through Adaptavist Learn, our online Atlassian training platform.
As a Technical Writer, you'll need the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and processes and make them easily understandable through text and graphics. Lastly, you need to be a team player who can both communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences, as well as Adaptavist internal teams.
- Designs and formats content to appropriately meet the requirements for target audiences with a variety of technical knowledge
- Applies a thorough understanding of grammar, sentence structure, and writing voice to create, and edit a document.
- Creates technical documentation to the support the range of Atlassian tools, plug-ins and upgrades in line with online learning activities and specific customer requirements.
- Work with Consultants and Engineers to gather information related to products, processes, and client engagements, and document this information.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Adaptavist product documentation.
- Self-discipline and time management skills to work autonomously.
- Enjoys working and engaging with a highly collaborative team on projects.
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence as an end-user.
- Seeks opportunities to learn more about software products, their features and usability
- Experienced in thinking critically about information, services, and processes.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality documentation with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to write for technical concepts, how they map to product features, and how the features solve client business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences of different knowledge levels.
- Experience with graphical design to create instructional visual assets.
- Experience with editing graphics and digital illustrations.
- Experience developing presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Experience or understanding with adult learning theory and instructional design concepts.
- Experience working with a global and/or culturally diverse team across a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for conferences, events, and team meetings (travel is likely < 20% of your time).
Culturally, we are an internationally diverse and friendly group of professionals who are as eager to help one another, as we are our clients. We regularly have outings in the local pub or pool hall, quiet gaming evenings, football matches - and are adding activities as the company grows. We regularly attend industry events, both inside and outside of the Atlassian ecosystem and seek to share our knowledge across the whole organisation.
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Latest equipment
- Flexible hours and remote working
- International travel
- Bonus Scheme
- Company pension plan