Senior Events Manager
Are you super-adaptable? Passionate about delivering world-class events? Unfazed by ambiguity? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing global technology companies, located at WeWork’s flagship office on London’s Southbank, with offices in Toronto, New York, San Diego, Malaysia and more.
A Sunday Times 100 best company (for the second year running we might add!) we're proud to have a team and culture like no other. We promote a healthy work-life balance, offering unlimited vacation and unrivalled flexibility.
Working at Adaptavist, you’ll experience a truly extraordinary culture, challenging and dynamic work and the unique opportunity to shape our exciting future.
About the role
As the Senior Events Manager, you will be responsible for the organisation’s events operations, activation and measurement as well as the organisations travel operations. You will spearhead the events annual plan that supports the marketing objectives.
As our go-to events guru, you will have proven experience managing teams to plan and execute successful trade shows and work as a lead advisor providing expertise and managing an events team in order to deliver face to face and virtual events and ensuring the effectiveness of Adaptavist’s events delivery overall.
You should have proven managerial experience as this opportunity will initially be leading and motivating a team of 3 on a daily basis. You will be leading a growing team and make a significant contribution to building world-class events programs and scaling up the team as the organisation grows. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative and dedicated to continually testing, measuring, learning and evolving your events programs.
You will be driven and strive to deliver excellence with the ability to challenge current processes to drive operational efficiency. This relates to both larger customer events as well as general travel logistics and operations. You’ll be a great communicator and relationship builder who can construct both logical and credible arguments to influence and persuade decision makers within your internal customer base.
Trade shows only scrape the surface for the events team. Other events come in the form of promotional parties, booths at industry events and internal employee events, and much more.
- Manage the events team to develop, plan and execute the delivery of events that are aligned with marketing campaigns and KPIs.
- Building a highly customer-focused, target driven team, managing and motivating via coaching, mentoring and training.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to manage the scoping, qualifying, feasibility studying and delivery of events with a wide variety of budgets from very low to 100k+
- Provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes and establish a culture of data-driven decision making among the team.
- Oversee the operations and delivery of Adaptavist’s general business travel and strive for improvements.
- Manage budgets and conduct an analysis of the events and general business travel spend within the organisation and suggest cost improvements, highlight trends or anomalies.
- You’ll work closely with marketing, HR, operations and sales teams bringing expertise and best practice in selecting, sponsoring, activating and delivering new types of events for a range of customers.
- Experience project managing the entire lifecycle of multiple events simultaneously
- A track record of events operation, planning, execution and measurement
- Strong communication skills that allow you to influence key decision makers
- Extracting meaningful insights from the data you collect on your events
- Line management experience, ideally managing multiple reports
- Foster a brilliant atmosphere for a close knit team
- Hubspot and/or Eventbrite experience
- Running events within the technology industry
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Waterfall/Prince2/Agile methodologies
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM)
Where you’ll be based
You’ll be based at our new HQ at WeWork’s river-side flagship building, right in the heart of London’s buzzing Southbank with a panoramic view across the city skyline.
Our pet-friendly London office is close to public transportation, with endless culinary delights on the doorstep.
Life at Adaptavist
Wouldn’t the world be a dull place if we were all the same? Our different perspectives are what makes us unique and help us create the best solutions for our customers. That’s why we look for synergy, not similarity when it comes to our people.
Why you’ll love it here
- Option to work from home
- Unlimited holidays (you’ll need to take care of the flights and hotel though!)
- Private health care - your health is always top priority
- Tasty and healthy office snacks (all day long!)
- Dynamic learning culture - we’ll support you to find the answers
- You’ll have our complete trust from day one!
We spend more time interviewing potential candidates for a fit with our values and culture than the right technical or industry experience. So when we meet you, don’t be afraid to be yourself, we wouldn’t want you to be anything else.