Are you super-adaptable? Passionate about emerging tech? Unfazed by ambiguity? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing global technology companies, located at WeWork’s flagship office on London’s Southbank, with offices in the USA, Canada, Spain, Estonia and Kuala Lumpur.
A Sunday Times 100 best company (for the second year running we might add!) we're proud to have a team and culture like no other. We promote a healthy work-life balance, offering unlimited vacation, unrivaled flexibility, and the choice to work-from-anywhere, as standard.
Working at Adaptavist, you’ll experience a truly extraordinary culture, challenging and dynamic work and the unique opportunity to shape our exciting future.
UX at Adaptavist
We’ve recently introduced a key new pillar within the product side of our business - our UX team. Our product and engineering teams are designing and building the next generation of apps for the Atlassian ecosystem - used by millions of software development teams across the globe and we are on a mission to improve our product experiences across our vast product portfolio!
About the role
Our ideal candidate will be undeniably passionate about UX and Data driven decision making, finding elegant solutions to complex UX problems, finding balance between user and business requirements and working as part of a newly established but growing UX and UI team.
We work collaboratively, so you must be a great written and verbal communicator, and in particular be able to translate your insight, knowledge and learnings into consistent UX deliverables and working confidently with various stakeholders.
- Work closely and effectively with wider UX, UI and design teams on a variety of different projects.
- Use data and insights provided to make informed UX decisions to ensure any new UX activity provides value and is not disruptive to business.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, product managers, marketing managers, technical writers and other designers
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, drawings and user flows to effectively communicate your vision and proposed solutions to project stakeholders all the way up to executive level.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall UX roadmap, data and research as well as fundamental UX principles.
- Contribute to research activities such as Usability, Prototype testing, Design Preference Testing, Interaction and flow, User and stakeholder Interviews etc.
- Continually keep yourself and design team updated with the latest changes and trends in UX space.
- We don’t believe in hand-off to developers. You will be working closely with Developer team during implementation to address any and all issues or design decisions needed.
The key requirements we’re looking for in your application are:
- Demonstrable experience working within a UX role
- Fully efficient in tools like Sketch, InVision and Zeplin is essential.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and discussed during interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user flows is essential.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mind-set.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Being open to receiving objective feedback both from internal and external sources
- Ability to keep seeking the best possible solution with resources available
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be a part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come.
- Flexible Hours and Remote Working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Top Spec Machines
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- International Travel
- Company Pension Plan
- Healthcare Plan
- A fun, social and flexible work culture – we support a vibrant and informal social life that's grown from the grass roots - so if there is something you enjoy doing, chances are you can find someone to join you!