Software Support Engineer
We help 5 million developers make better software. We own ScriptRunner, the most downloaded App for Atlassian's flagship product - Jira. Headquartered in London, with 200+ people spread over offices in the UK, Spain, USA, Canada and Kuala Lumpur.
We are growing the Support team to keep up with the rapid pace of Adaptavist customers, (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal and supporting that in all ways possible. Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we’re pretty sure you’ll be excited about coming to Adaptavist every day to do this job and to work on our team.
Our Seville team works on a product to provide environment scalability focused on automating project migrations for organised change management.
As a Support Engineer you will be responsible for guiding our customers through managing change effectively by troubleshooting and simulating migration, merging and splitting outcomes. You will work closely with the Project Configurator engineering team based in Seville, as well as the wider Support team based in London.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience;
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood in text and pictures;
- Ability to understand and write SQL queries;
- Ability to understand and work with Groovy and the Project Configurator API;
- Be able to analyze Atlassian Jira log files to locate the root cause of issues;
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science (or equivalent) experience;
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) processes;
- Experience in creating customer facing documentation;
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Jira Service Desk);
- Experience with Java code;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come.
- Flexible Hours and Remote Working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Top Spec Machines
- International Travel
- End of year Winter Conference (formally Christmas week!)