Software Engineering Team Lead (Java)
We help 5 million developers make better software. We own ScriptRunner, the most downloaded app for Atlassian Jira. Headquartered in London, with 100+ people spread over offices in the UK, US and Canada. We are recruiting to scale our Engineering teams in London & Leamington Spa. Come join us!
We are looking for Team leads to help us build the next generation of add-ons for the Atlassian ecosystem. You’ll be a key individual contributor and lead a team writing add-ons for all Atlassian applications including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
You will be using Groovy, Java, and some TypeScript to write production code and tests for the frontend and backend. We practice continuous delivery so you have to be comfortable shipping to production daily and also working with more traditional software delivery.
This role is suited to engineers who have previous experience leading small teams as well as those wanting to take a first step into engineering leadership. You'll be expected to mentor your team and work with them on their personal development as well as being a key contact with Product Management to agree and understand requirements.
The team at Adaptavist is at the forefront of development, often pushing the boundaries of what is possible and experimenting with techniques and technologies. We value autonomy, mastery, practice, doing the right thing, paying down technical debt.
Own your feature from idea, development, test to release. Get fast feedback and improve.
- Java 8
- Strong grasp of development fundamentals and an ability to share them with others
- Experience as a mentor
- Worked on a large codebase / API
- Natural problem solver
- Web - HTML/CSS
- Previous leadership experience
- Written your own Atlassian App
- Showing us your pet project
- Atlassian User or Administrator experience
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Top Spec Machines
- Healthcare plan
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, drinks and more
- International travel
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company pension plan
- Adaptavist Winter Conference! Our yearly company-wide get-together in London
- Regular hackathons