ALM and DevOps Consultant
As many of our customers require modern automated end to end ALM solutions, we have a need to add ALM and DevOps skills to our consulting squads. Your role will involve liaising closely with technical people working for our clients, and then designing and building automation for clients using modern ALM and DevOps tools. You will be a member of a consulting squad providing professional services to our customers. Duties within these teams are predominantly related to deploying and operating Atlassian tools, and helping our customers to deploy and use Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, Hipchat and Crowd effectively within their organization.
When not engaged on client work, you will also be helping us build capabilities around cloud automation for both internal and customer use.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-sales involvement to design appropriate solutions for our customers
- On-site and remote liaison with clients
- Public cloud infrastructure builds using tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Development of next-generation tooling and hosting using Docker containers
You will be able to work remotely from home but we are looking for someone who is available to travel to our clients' offices. International travel is possible as well.
- In depth experience of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes and technologies
- Significant experience and knowledge of at least one Linux distribution and familiarity with both RHEL-based and Debian-based distributions
- Knowledge of the Software Confiuration Management process and tools
- Knowledge of Build and CICD automation tools and processes
- Working knowledge of a relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Shell-scripting and/or Python or Ruby for use in a technical operations context
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to think on your feet and to enjoy the challenges presented by unfamiliar software and technology
- The ability to diagnose performance issues and implement resolutions
- An understanding of operating Java applications (Tomcat and/or Spring Boot)
- Java build technologies such as Maven and Gradle
- A preference for Open Source software
- Experience of behind the firewall administration of Atlassian products
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes or similar
Culturally, we are an internationally diverse and friendly group of professionals who are as eager to help one another, as we are our clients. We regularly have outings in the local pub or pool hall, gaming evenings, football matches - and are adding activities as the company grows. We regularly attend industry events, both inside and outside of the Atlassian ecosystem and seek to share our knowledge across the whole organisation.
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Healthcare plan
- Company pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, snacks, drinks and more
- Top-spec machine
- Bonus Scheme
- Christmas week!
Adaptavist (www.adaptavist.com) is the market leading Atlassian (www.atlassian.com) partner, providing professional services, managed services, and add-on products for the Atlassian suite, which includes well known project management, software development and collaboration applications such as JIRA and Confluence. With 130 employees and growing, we are already the largest dedicated Atlassian consultancy in the global market.
We are an Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise partner, widely recognised as the most technically advanced and competent Enterprise Partner in the Atlassian ecosystem. We offer a range of consulting services that help our clients maximise the value from their investment in Atlassian tools, delivering on the promise of integrated Application Lifecycle Management. We are solution-centric, and whilst we believe in and promote agile approaches, DevOps and continual iterative improvement, we are pragmatic above all things.