Senior Systems Engineer
Adaptavist (www.adaptavist.com) is the market leading Atlassian (www.atlassian.com) partner, providing professional services, managed services, and add-on products for the Atlassian suite, which includes well known project management, software development and collaboration applications such as JIRA and Confluence. With 130 employees and growing, we are already the largest dedicated Atlassian consultancy in the global market.
We are an Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise partner, widely recognised as the most technically advanced and competent Enterprise Partner in the Atlassian ecosystem. We offer a range of consulting services that help our clients maximise the value from their investment in Atlassian tools, delivering on the promise of integrated Application Lifecycle Management. We are solution centric, and whilst we believe in and promote agile approaches, DevOps and continual iterative improvement, we are above all things pragmatic.
Adaptavist is looking to open an office in Malaysia in May 2019. You will be one of our first team members in Kuala Lumpur. We are looking to expand and grow the team rapidly.
We are looking for you to be a member of our global team (based in the United Kingdom and that works with clients, internal and external, implementing complex systems solutions on varied platforms. You will be expected to provide strategic guidance to our global client base, implement and maintain new services as well as leveraging your experience to help with projects within a fast-growing company. Whilst the role is primarily office-based, the successful candidate is expected to be ‘client facing’. So you will enjoy conveying complex ideas with authority and clarity.
This role is ideal for someone with prior remote working experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of service availability for the Adaptavist client base
- Maintain security, backup and patching strategies
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support as well as infrastructure consultancy on client projects
- Liaison with clients, internal and external, to address organizational needs
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Knowledge of at least one Linux distribution and familiarity with both RHEL and Debian stacks.
- Hands on experience using the technologies that make up a corporate network: Virtualization, Storage Area Networks, Security and Networking
- In depth experience of using cloud service providers - At least one of Amazon, Rackspace or Azure
- Experience of running Java applications in a hosted environment - Apache and Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of a relational database. Ideally PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to think on your feet and to enjoy the challenges presented by unfamiliar software and technology
- Competent scripter, BASH/Shell and at least one of Ruby, Python, Perl or PHP
- The ability to diagnose performance issues and implement resolutions
- Familiarity with the concepts of server automation/orchestration. A candidate with hands on experience of Puppet will be at a considerable advantage.
- The ability to understand Java, and related build technologies
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Server product line; Particularly Active Directory
- Working knowledge of LDAP, OpenLDAP or other user repositories
- Experience of behind the firewall administration of at least one Atlassian product (Bamboo, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye, JIRA, Stash)
Culturally, we are an internationally diverse and friendly group of professionals who are as eager to help one another, as we are our clients. We regularly have outings in the local pub or pool hall, quiet gaming evenings, football matches - and are adding activities as the company grows. We regularly attend industry events, both inside and outside of the Atlassian ecosystem and seek to share our knowledge across the whole organisation.
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Latest equipment
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Company pension plan