Software Test Engineer
We help 5 million teams build and test better software.
Headquartered in London, with 150+ people spread over offices in the UK, US and Canada.
Come join us!
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to help us test the next generation of apps for the Atlassian ecosystem. We write apps for all Atlassian applications including Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket and Bamboo. We are looking for someone who can write automated tests and can also do exploratory testing on these apps to help the team deliver features of highest quality.
At a minimum you are comfortable writing code to develop new test scripts and maintain existing scripts. You will see Testing as an opportunity to help shape and improve the overall delivery of a feature not just finding bugs. You will actively encourage an exploratory mindset to question if something could be done better.
- Proficient in Java.
- Worked extensively on web application automation using Selenium Webdriver and JUnit or TestNG.
- BDD - Cucumber, RSpec or similar.
- API Testing experience using Postman or similar tools.
- Experience working with Gradle or Maven.
- Experience working with Git or similar.
- Experience of working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Know the difference between exploratory and manual scripted testing.
- Strong interest in learning and willingness to embrace change.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Groovy.
- Jenkins / Bamboo (or other CI).
- Ability to debug and analyse complex problems independently.
- Automated cross browser testing experience using BrowserStack, Sauce Labs, Selenium Grid or similar.
- Experience with Geb
- Non functional testing experience (Performance/Security testing)
- Gatling or similar open source Load Testing tool experience.
- Use of Docker containers
- Show us your work on GitHub or Bitbucket.
- Atlassian User (e.g. Jira, Confluence).
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come.
- Flexible Hours and Remote Working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Top Spec Machines
- International Travel
- End of year Winter Conference (formally Christmas week!)