Cloud Native Engineer
Adaptavist helps 5 million developers build better software. We are the market leading partner to Atlassian, who make software that allows developers to do amazing work. We help companies use that software better.
We need help building capabilities around cloud automation for both internal and customer use. This involves using modern cloud orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes to run Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence and BitBucket. We are using public cloud services from Amazon, Google and Microsoft, and also deploying these applications locally for test and development purposes.
We are modernising our toolchains by using containers and serverless technologies and need someone forward-thinking to make this a reality for us and for our customers.
As many of our customers require modern cloud-based and automated solutions we have a need to add Cloud Native skills to our consulting squads. Your role will involve liaising closely with technical people working for our clients, and then designing and building automation for clients using modern Cloud and DevOps tools. You will be a member of a consulting squad providing professional services to our customers. Duties within these teams are predominantly related to deploying and operating Atlassian tools, and helping our customers to deploy and use Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, Hipchat and Crowd effectively within their organization.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-sales involvement to design appropriate solutions for our customers
- On-site and remote liaison with clients
- Containerisation with Docker, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
- Public cloud infrastructure builds using tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Infrastructure-as-code solutions using software such as Puppet, Ansible or PowerShell
- Development of next-generation tooling and hosting using Docker containers
You will be able to work remotely from home but we are looking for someone who is available to travel to our clients' offices. International travel is possible as well.
- Experience of automating server/application deployments within Amazon, Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of the public cloud compute offerings from Amazon, Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Some experience of containerization using Docker and Docker Compose
- Working knowledge of a relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Shell-scripting and/or Python or Ruby for use in a technical operations context
- Experience of both RHEL-based and Debian-based Linux distributions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to think on your feet and to enjoy the challenges presented by unfamiliar software and technology
- The ability to diagnose performance issues and implement resolutions
- Use of Kubernetes, directly or via EKS, AKS or GKE
- An understanding of operating Java applications (Tomcat and/or Spring Boot)
- Java build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- A preference for Open Source software
- Experience of behind the firewall administration of Atlassian products
Culturally, we are an internationally diverse and friendly group of professionals who are as eager to help one another, as we are our clients. We regularly have outings in the local pub or pool hall, gaming evenings, football matches - and are adding activities as the company grows. We regularly attend industry events, both inside and outside of the Atlassian ecosystem and seek to share our knowledge across the whole organisation.
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Healthcare plan
- Company pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, snacks, drinks and more
- Top-spec machine
- Bonus Scheme
- Winter Conference (formally Christmas Week!)