We help 5 million developers make better software. We own ScriptRunner, the most downloaded app for Atlassian Jira. Headquartered in London, with 100+ people spread over offices in the UK, US and Canada. We are recruiting to scale our Engineering teams in London. Come join us!
We are looking for Engineering Managers to help us build the next generation of add-ons for the Atlassian ecosystem. You’ll be leading and managing teams responsible for writing and maintaining our products, add-ons for all Atlassian applications including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
Our technology stack consists of, but is not limited to, Groovy, Java, and TypeScript and teams work in an Agile manner mostly in the form of Scrum. We practice continuous delivery so you have to be comfortable shipping to production daily and also working with more traditional software delivery.
We are looking for engineers who can help grow our engineering organisation who have experience leading and growing teams. We value leaders who manage by facilitating and enabling their teams to make decisions, break down barriers and remove blockers, and nurture their team by understanding individuals and providing mentoring, coaching, training and personal development. Strong teams have a sense of purpose so communicating vision and setting objectives is an important part of this role.
From a product development point of view, you will be a key contact with Product Management to agree and understand requirements ensuring that teams have sufficient skills and information to deliver on the vision for the products. You will also be involved in leading company wide initiatives to deliver work across our entire product portfolio, ensuring that teams schedule and have these initiatives on their roadmaps. Keeping your own engineering skill in shape is important too so whilst you probably won't be shipping code on the critical path you should want to get your hands dirty in the code too.
The team at Adaptavist is at the forefront of development, often pushing the boundaries of what is possible and experimenting with techniques and technologies. We value autonomy, mastery, practice, doing the right thing, and paying down technical debt.
Our engineers own their feature from idea, development, test to release. Get fast feedback and improve.
- Excellent understanding of complex systems
- Previous team leadership experience
- Experience hiring engineers
- Strong grasp of agile principles and experience using them in practice
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Availability to travel to visit international teams several times a year
- Product development experience (as opposed to project delivery)
- Experience building and delivering technical training
- Written your own Atlassian App
- Atlassian User or Administrator experience
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Top Spec Machines
- Healthcare plan
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, drinks and more
- International travel
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company pension plan
- Adaptavist Winter Conference! Our yearly company-wide get-together in London
- Regular hackathons