Solution Sales Specialist
Adaptavist is the market leading Atlassian partner, providing professional services, managed services, and add-on products for the Atlassian suite, which includes well known project management, software development and collaboration applications such as JIRA and Confluence. With 250 employees and growing, we are doubling in size every 12 months, and are already the largest dedicated Atlassian consultancy in the global market.
We are an Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise partner, widely recognised as the most technically advanced and competent Enterprise Partner in the Atlassian ecosystem. We offer a range of consulting services that help our clients maximise the value from their investment in Atlassian tools, delivering on the promise of integrated Application Lifecycle Management. We are solution centric, and whilst we believe in and promote agile approaches, DevOps and continual iterative improvement, we are above all things pragmatic.
The Adaptavist Solution Sales Team supports the business by developing and executing all key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans in order to help meet ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The Solution Sales Specialists work as part of the Solution Sales team assisting customers in making best use of the Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.) in order to deliver value to their business or organisation.
As a Solution Sales Specialist you will play a key role in the Adaptavist Sales Process, and managing this end-to-end. You will be working with our different teams across the business to define solutions for our clients, to guide the production of proposals, to oversee our commercial approach and solution offering, as well as managing the client through the Adaptavist Sales Process.
You’ll be confident in leading customer meetings to determine technical requirements and be able to discuss options and explain trade-offs and constraints.
- Developing relationships with clients.
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets.
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Maximising new business development opportunities, seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers.
- Negotiating contracts with clients, working with a commercial team.
- Generate a pipeline of activity to support sales target from leads generated both by the business and from your own activities.
- Qualify all suspects generated from lead generation activities using the current qualification methodology and document the process for each suspect within the Company's CRM system.
- Organise meetings with prospective clients in conjunction with the appropriate internal stakeholders with the objective of understanding the client's requirements and securing a sale in line with any established sales processes.
- Conduct presentations, prepare proposals as required and manage the negotiation process with a prospect ensuring that director level approval is secured for all deals, working with our team of consultants and the wider Adaptavist teams.
- Lead all contract negotiations with the prospect and liaise with Legal to ensure the contract meets Company requirements and is signed by both parties.
- There will be a certain amount of travel involved in the role.
- Ability to function in a remote working environment for large portions of the time.
- Experience of technical consultancy - being able to work with a range of different software to meet a customer’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Comfortable working collaboratively both face to face and through online tools such as Zoom, Slack, Skype, etc.
- Personable, helpful and professional attitude
- Experience of working in a pre-sales environment, as part of larger teams
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has a highly developed skill set around solution selling.
- Strong relationship builder establishes rapport with people easily and has effective active listening skills.
- Has the ability to understand a prospect's challenges and is able to work with internal stakeholders to create solution that meets their needs.
- Capable of being highly responsive where required, has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through.
- An effective communicator (both verbally and in writing) who engages with clients and is a confident and credible presenter.
- Has gravitas and is a brand ambassador who acts with integrity.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Own, manage, orchestrate, and execute a strategic sales plan for your territory.
- Understanding of the specific needs within a Sales Process, around forecasting and opportunity progression
- Has an understanding of the products and services the company provides, the opportunities it has to grow its business and of the industry it operates in. Motivated and is interested in maintaining and developing this.
- Have managed complex software sales cycle from start to finish.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset, in particular Jira and Confluence is beneficial.
- A good mix of both startup and 'big brand’ software company sales experience
- Able to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets - juggling multiple deals at once (deal sizes 50K - 500K USD).
- Proven experience of complex software sales to large corporations.
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Latest equipment
- Flexible hours
- Work from home
- International travel
- Company pension plan
- Health Care
- Unlimited Holiday