Accounts Payable Coordinator
Adaptavist help teams of all business types accelerate by making them more efficient and communicate more effectively through best practices in software development using Atlassian tools. Adaptavist is the market leading Atlassian partner, providing professional services, managed services, training and apps for the Atlassian suite, which includes well known project management, software development and collaboration applications such as Jira and Confluence.
With 225 employees and growing, we are doubling in size every 12 months, our finance team is growing to accommodate the needs of the business and its operations in the UK and North America, As a profitable company in a growing market, we are privately held and shaping our business every day to meet the needs of our clients, and harness the talent and enthusiasm of our employees. Our employees are empowered and also part of our friendly and global work community.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will take responsibility for aspects of the company’s accounts payable function and systems.
The successful candidate's duties will include the carrying out and/or supervision of the following tasks:
Day to Day
- Working closely with the Supplier to manage the on-boarding process, carrying out internal due diligence, capturing and providing all the company information required to ensure that the supplier payment systems are set up accurately for billing purposes so that the number of potential issues can be minimised at the very start.
- Being inquisitive, proactively investigating purchase invoice queries or discrepancies, and liaising with internal finance team, to resolve them in a timely fashion. Think of this as doing financial detective work!
- Identifying areas for improvement to the billing process that can maximise the effectiveness and efficiency in payment controls. This is where having great attention to detail to spot issues easily, combined with a creative problem-solving brain, comes in handy.
- Setting up and preparing payment runs for approval.
- Sharing knowledge with the team to help plan and implement controls and strategies that can strengthen the overall payables workflow. We are a dedicated team that focuses on helping each other succeed in their roles, which in turn makes for a strong finance function.
- Managing supplier/vendor relationships and assessing payment terms for effective control and management of purchase invoices.
- Reconciliation of the accounts payables ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts in multiple currencies (EUR, GBP, CAD, USD).
- Assist in building and managing the accounts payables team and contributing to learning and development. This would be a great opportunity to develop and demonstrate personal leadership abilities.
- Reviewing the posting of credit card transactions in the accounting system and managing the staff expenses reimbursement process.
Analysis & Reporting
- Assisting the Management Accountant with month-end accruals, prepayments, depreciation, intercompany reconciliations and other balance sheet nominals, and data analysis.
- Analysing Aged Payables and weekly reporting on outstanding creditors with commentary on payments to help make cashflow forecasting more accurate
- Analytical review of overhead operating expenses and variance analysis.
- Analysis of contractor timesheets and monthly costs for reallocations via manual journals
- Increase the finance presence within the business and build strong relationships with the team leaders and managers
- Assisting with year end audit, VAT returns
- Assist in building and managing the accounts payables team and contributing to learning and development
- Mind-mapping relevant business issues affecting the AP function, with suggested business solutions on how to effectively manage and mitigate risks. We like to find a break-out area and talk ideas, such as how what kind of technology can we explore that can help streamline processes with automation, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with accounts payables functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Forensic attention to detail
- Willing to take on new challenges and resolve them methodically
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to go the extra mile
- Experience in accounts payables or similar function or role
- Can operate with minimal supervision
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Working knowledge of Xero (cloud accounting software)
- High level of competence with mathematics
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Latest equipment
- Company pension plan
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible hours
- Free Breakfast