Head of UX
Adaptavist helps 25 million developers build better software. We are the market leading partner to Atlassian, a software company who make tools for teams. We help companies get the most out of their investment in Atlassian.
We are looking for a Head of UX to build a new dedicated UX function within the product division of the 5th fastest growing company in the UK, to help shape the future design of our portfolio of apps.
Our product team and portfolio of apps has grown rapidly. We’re looking for someone with the vision and design experience to own big product initiatives that will influence and craft delightful products.
A successful UX function will help lead to increased user adoption, customer retention and build an identity and reputation for user first design.
Responsibilities/What you’ll be doing
- Building and scaling a skilled and respected UX team to support our continued growth.
- Developing a design language to influence design across the product portfolio, sympathetic to, but distinct from the Atlassian design guidelines
- Leading the design of our portfolio of apps
- Implementing a user-centric design approach and rapidly testing and iterating.
- Ensuring consistent user experience across all of Adaptavists apps to help build a strong and respected identity.
- Implementing the toolsets and methods that the new UX function will use.
- Influencing across the product teams to ensure UX becomes ingrained in the mindset.
- Understanding how and where to use data to improve our products
- Developing and sharing best practice on UX within Adaptavist
What we are looking for:
- Experience of having managed a team of UX designers.
- Excellent understanding of the User-Centred Design process and principles including user research and persona generation, user flows and sitemaps, wireframing and prototyping, usability principles and testing
- Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Strong, collaborative problem solver.
- Self starter - ability to self motivate and take ownership of all UX projects
- Proven leader of UX designers with the ability to inspire non-designers to build better products
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Familiarity with Atlassian Design Guidelines (ADG)
- Experience using in-product analytics to drive decision making
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come
- Be ready to work with fun, diverse, and talented colleagues that are willing to help you
- Great social culture within the company; 5-a-side football, trips to pub, spot lunches, and more
- Adaptavist is a truly flexible business that allows you to find the right work life balance from day one.
- Healthcare Plan
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company Pension Plan
- Rewards Scheme
- International Travel
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shower Facilities
- Fresh Fruit, Snacks, Drinks and More
- Top-Spec Machine
- Career development is a key part of Adaptavist, we’re keen to help you grow and find your north star whilst giving you all the tools to succeed in your role. We have a dedicated Internal L&D Consultant who sits within our HR team - their remit is to provide courses to our staff to further their development and build a platform to allow everyone here to get the most out of their career.