Adaptavist helps 5 million developers build better software. We are the market leading partner to Atlassian, who make software that allows developers to do amazing work. We help companies use that software better.
You'll be joining two other internal recruiters who sit within our HR team. Our mission is to deliver an amazing candidate and hiring manager experience.
For candidates, we do this not by "selling" Adaptavist and the role in question but through engaging our prospects with enthusiasm, transparency and showing our own pride about working at Adaptavist. We're looking for someone who has a passion for representing their company and for recruitment, done the right way.
For hiring managers, we want to assess their needs and provide them with a clear timeline and plan to filling their positions. We work with them to find the best possible routes to market, help develop their interview structures and communicate with them effectively to guide them through the recruitment process.
The people we hire are smart, ambitious, pragmatic, and do incredible work. You'll be tasked with finding these candidates in multiple locations and timezones to fill a large number of different technical, operational and creative roles.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Take detailed briefings from hiring managers to ensure clear understanding of role requirements, level and type of experience needed and person specification;
- Challenge hiring managers to think beyond the status quo and provide information on market conditions, salary range and realistic time to recruit;
- Brief the hiring manager on shortlists and arrange interviews with them, ensuring they have all of the relevant documentation (CV, job description etc.);
- Ensure all vacancies are approved at the appropriate level and reinforce this message in conversations with business leads and hiring managers;
- Ensure that finance are kept updated with prospective roles and new starters and associated costs.
- Use various candidate sourcing methods (advertising, job board searching, job fairs, conferences, AUG (Atlassian User Group) meetings, headhunting, social media etc.), to identify future Adaptavists.
- Identify areas of focus for proactive talent pipelining;
- Maintain regular contact with candidates and provide relevant advice to enable them to make informed decisions;
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate and employee experience is at the heart of your approach.
- Managing a variety of roles across various functions and levels;
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, and lead and participate on project teams to help design, develop, and deploy the global processes and ways of working;
- Influence and seek continuous improvement on both global and local processes.
- Agree on attraction strategy (including employer branding) and participate in the creation of internal talent initiatives;
- Identify current talent acquisition around quality of hire, cost per hire etc., and identify areas of improvement;
- Support on broader talent initiatives such as headcount plans, talent pipelining and succession plans;
- Ensure all roles within the organisation have up-to-date job descriptions, and provide advice and assistance to line managers in the creation of these, where necessary.
- Experience of recruiting technology-focused roles (either agency or in-house), with responsibility for screening, interviewing and hiring for multiple positions;
- Experience in direct sourcing candidate through a variety of methods: advertising, job board searching, headhunting (LinkedIn Recruiter) and social media, and relevant Boolean and database searching;
- Experience utilising an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or similar tools;
- Sound knowledge of recruitment strategies and approaches;
- Proven experience managing and prioritising multiple projects and client relationships;
- The drive to be autonomous and self-starting; able to prioritise your workload and be organised;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and candidates in proactive network building;
- Able to work effectively in fast paced and rapidly changing environments, whilst escalating issues where needed;
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment (across different time zones), on multiple projects with changing priorities, and with the ability to work both independently and on a team to deliver results;
- Able to think on their feet and make decisions; someone who finds solutions rather than simply reports problems.
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth tech start-up environment
- Experience in hiring globally
- Previous In-house recruitment experience
- Experience using Workable
- An interest in employer branding and internal communications
- Undergraduate degree level or equivalent
- International team and great work atmosphere
- Top-spec machine
- Company pension plan
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible hours
- Free Breakfast